Little River Elementary School Photographs and Other Materials
Search this Collection
Little River School opened in 1934 to serve Black students in grades one through twelve in northern Durham County. It was the first large, consolidated school for black students, following the founding of smaller Rosenwald schools in prior years. The building burned down in 1939 but was rebuilt. It later became an integrated elementary school when Durham County schools integrated in the late 1960s, then closed in 1993 when the city and county school systems merged. This digital collection consists of yearbook pages, photographs, clippings, and other materials related to Little River School.
Visit the research guide to learn more about materials in the collection that are not available online.