Blackwell Baptist Church at the Southwest Corner of West Chapel Hill Street and Shepherd Street

Abstract/Description: The church was organized and constructed in 1888. By 1890 it had been renamed Second Baptist Church, and by the 1920s, Temple Baptist Church. This original sanctuary was torn down and a newer church was built next to it. That successor building at 807 Chapel Hill Street was later occupied by Healthy Start Academy. Item attributed to Johnston of Durham, North Carolina.
Subject(s): Durham County (N.C.)
Date Created: circa 1900
1900%