Four Acres

Abstract/Description: Built on the Southeast corner of Duke and Chapel Hill Streets, this town house of Benjamin Newton Duke was his second home on that site. (First was called The Terrace.) It was built in 1910 and razed in 1961, whereupon N.C. Mutual Insurance Company built its headquarters on the site.
Subject(s): Durham County (N.C.)
Date Created: circa 1918
1918%